YOUTH INSTRUCTOR - Open 8/9/2017
Description of Position - As part time Youth Instructor, your primary role is
to Facilitate Youth programs including instruction, equipment
preparation, clean-up, tracking attendance and skills for young climbers while representing
the core values of the
- Providing appropriate Instruction or Belay support during scheduled classes, private lessons, birthday parties, private groups and individual belays
- Building positive relationships with customers through gym tours, visitor check-in, orientations and belay checks performed in accordance with Source guidelines; Answering phone, taking messages, responding to basic climbing, facility and pricing questions;
- Operating POS software, opening and closing cash registers, performing sales transactions counting money, accepting returns and exchanges, and balancing cash drawers;
- Maintaining accurate customer database, including scanning and processing customer documents and updating customer information as needed.
- Monitoring facility for smart climbing practices, proper equipment use and adherence to all posted rules at the Source. Correcting any violations.
- Maintaining a clean and healthy environment with daily duties such as sweeping, vacuuming, mopping and general cleaning of the facilities
and follow the Source Climbing Center Staff Manual, and stay up-to-date on standard industry practices and
rules. Source Climbing Center
- Be on time, attend all staff meetings, and find substitute staff for any shifts missed.
- Minimum of one year experience instructing and supervising youth under 12 years of age.
- Friendly, approachable and service-oriented;
- Strong verbal communication, organizational and conflict resolution skills;
- Cash handling experience is a plus
Required Climbing Experience
- demonstrate basic climbing movement skills.
- climb 5.8 top rope or better without falls.
- describe proper care, use, and inspection of climbing equipment.
- demonstrate proficient belay technique
- First Aid, CPR certified
- Competitive climbing experience
- CWI certification
- Available 24-30 hours per week
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Compensation: (based on experience)
- Membership privileges
- Professional development (First Aid, CPR, CWI training)
- Further climbing experience.