Dear Team Families,
2017/18 was a GREAT season for the Source Climbing Team. We had nearly 30 kids competing at Regional level championships, more than 10 kids qualifying for Divisional level Championships, and our furthest advancement at the National level! With the kids now training as hard as ever this spring, we are confident we'll be seeing even more kids at Nationals this July.
Still, the Source mission is a 'better climbing experience', so each year we ask how our program can grow, and we have decided on some exciting ways to improve our program for the 2018/19 Climbing Season:
- Higher Coaching ratio - To get more individual attention to Source climbers, we will now be scheduling 1 coach for every 8 climbers, less than the 10 in 2017/18. We will also be scheduling 3 coaches at local USAC competitions to better support our competitors.
- More Practices - To climb more, the team will now practice over the Christmas break and during VPS school holidays, adding up to 9 practices! There will still be no practices on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and New Year's Eve.
- Smaller Practice Groups - To enjoy more space in the facility, we are planning a new schedule that will reduce the number of youth program climbers in the facility during practice times from up to 36 to no more than 24.
- More Community & Teambuilding - To foster a strong team community and even more passion for climbing, we are working hard to make more events possible outside practices and USAC competitions. Stay tuned...
With these improvements, we will also have a new practice schedule and pricing for 2018/2109.
A Better Training Schedule - Current team members will be invited to participate in one of these four possible training schedules:
- Competitors, 3-Day/week Practice - All categories (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- 2-Day/week Practice - Categories JR, A, B (Mondays and Wednesdays)
- 2-Day/week Practice - Categories C & D (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- 1-Day/week Practice - All categories (Fridays)
Value Based Pricing - The monthly enrollment for the 2018/19 Team will be $132 per month for 2-days of practices per week. Our Competitor Training program will now be 3-months for $275. Also new this year, we have added a JR Team with a 1-day per week practice schedule for $85 per month. All team enrollment still includes a membership starting September 7th, Source Team gear, with coaching at 6 local USAC comps, and Regional through National USAC Championships.
We are truly thankful for each of the climbers, parents and families that have been a part of our team this year, and we are very excited to see the potential for up to 40 climbers being a part of the 2018/19 Source Climbing Team. Please do not hesitate to talk with any of your coaches if you have any questions or concerns about any of these changes. Thanks again for climbing with us!
Hanz Kroesen, Bryan Caldwell, Jessica Pickens, Brigg Wolgamott, Joe Adams