HEAD COACH - Source Team
Description of Position - The Head Coach position is responsible for growing, running and directing the Source climbing team and coaches. The Head Coach will work closely with our general manager to ensure that the program is in line with the Source's overall youth curriculum. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with team each week, coaching in practices and at competitions up to national level.
- Partnering with USA Climbing, ensuring that the Source Team and it's members are meeting requirements to participate fully and score in USAC sanctioned events.
- Processing team membership paperwork (eft forms, releases, clothing orders, etc.), and using existing systems for tracking and documenting individual climber growth.
- Maintaining and updating the Source Team Handbook for climbers, parents and coaches as needed.
- Communicating with climbers and parents through emails, printed calendars and meetings.
- Meeting weekly with coaches to ensure team leaders are motivated, communicating, and using effective training tools and curriculum.
- Meeting weekly with general manager to continually improve overall program, and ensure climbing team is working cohesively with other members and customers
- Reviewing the Source's overall youth curriculum annually with general manager to continually improve team structure and program.
- Scheduling coaches for competitions, ensuring coaching ratios are met and that roster limits are not exceeded.
- Working closely with general manager to help with any additional team administrative needs.
- USA Climbing Certified Coach preferred.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, good communicator.
- Flexible schedule, willing to travel for competitions and training.
- Representative of Source core values.
- Available 12-24 hours per week dedicated to Team duties.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Additional hours may be available for other roles.
- Compensation: $12.50-$17.00 based on experience
- Paid Sick Leave
- Membership privileges
- Professional development (First Aid, CPR, CWI)
- Further climbing experience.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Posted: 3/19/2018 Closes: 4/30/2018